The coveted list recognises 50 of Australia’s most innovative companies across diverse industry sectors. This year, AFR received a record number of entries with over 1,000 submissions.
For Ivy College’s founder and CEO Peter Mobbs, innovation has played a fundamental part in Ivy’s unprecedented growth.
“At Ivy, innovation is a focus of each and every employee. The outcomes of innovation may include better products and services and it often starts with small but critical improvements. To drive innovation, we put an emphasis on transparency and speed’’ says Mobbs.
Further initiatives to support innovation include:
- Dedicated innovation hub, IvyX – consisting of a team of full-time project managers to launch both incremental and long-term disruptive innovations across the organisation
- Agile project methodology – innovation projects are delivered in 2-week sprints to increase the speed and volume of iterations that can be tested and implemented
- Open all-staff innovation forum – details of innovation ‘wins’ and ‘iterations’ are shared on a weekly basis and all staff have the opportunity to collaborate and share ideas
- Championing innovative behaviour – Ivy holds annual Innovation Awards to celebrate and recognise innovative initiatives
- An environment that supports innovation – 65% of Ivy’s custom-designed office is dedicated to collaborative work spaces to promote cross-departmental collaboration.